Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Upcycling Success – Reused Yarn

Remember my last Goodwill sweater fiasco?

This one turned out much better wouldn’t you say?


I was able to salvage a ton of yard from just one size large sweater; actually it was more of a cardigan which means I also ended up with some ugly buttons (not pictured). I forgot to take a before picture, but I purchased the cardigan at Goodwill on a sale day for $1.75 much cheaper than buying even clearance yard at any craft store. Plus I was able to reuse toilet paper rolls to wrap the yarn around, it was a twofer.

I’m so excited to get projects started and use up this yarn. Just think of all the things I can make...
Cute little Bluebirds
A traveling Bag
Sweater Ornaments
An adorable blue Elephant

Maybe I’ll even learn to knit and whip up some of these adorable snowflake dish cloths unless someone can find patterns to crotchet. I’ve had no luck.

0 comments: