Monday, March 30, 2009

It's snowing but I'm thinking spring thoughts

I really wanted to plant a small garden in our back yard this year so the other day while at Menards I picked up the supplies I needed. I forgot the seed starting soil but was able to steal a little from my mom.


Here are all of our seed supplies. In the end I spent less than ten dollars, I ended up paying more for the watering and seed dish because I can reuse it every year rather than many of them which have to be thrown away. We ended up planting Green beans, green peppers, Cucumbers, a few small and large gourds (for crafts), and one thing of cat nip for a decorating idea. Hey the seeds were cheap and if you can't have a little fun and provide for the cats with gardening what's the point right? We also plan to plant some tomato plants but we'll buy them later already sprouted.


And here are our little seeds all planted and waiting to germinate. Since we live in the city and don’t get a ton of light I’ve been moving them around during the day to maximize their light intake.


I can’t wait to see these seeds sprout and get them planted (as soon as it stops snowing).

Also while I was at Menards I saw they are carrying Terracycle garden supplies. I’m so excited I finally find a retailer that sells their products, last year I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Are you planting a garden this year? Have you already planted your seedlings?

0 comments: