Saturday, October 20, 2007

San Francisco - A honeymoon review

We spent a few days in San Francisco earlier this month. The next few post are review of this trip.

On Monday the 8th we left from our little local airport which was supposed to make the trip easier. I had more issues with their security than anywhere else and I’ve had the pleasure of playing red light green light in Mexico. I’ll admit some of it was my fault but I can’t travel without hand lotion, but after I bought my twenty-seven cent zip lock baggie we were good to go. I’m still trying to figure out how the easy open zip lock bag would stop me if I had disastrous plans even though I’ve had it explained to me, but whatever. I guess we should feel safer knowing my lotion is in a bag and under three ounces. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful until we got to the hotel.

We spent the week at The Opal, a hotel built in 1908 located right down town. I was happy with the appearance of the hotel but very disappointed in the customer service aspects. The day before we left Matt called ahead to make sure our room was all set and they reassured us everything was fine. So imagine my surprise when we check in and they tell us they gave our room to a guy off the street who didn’t have a reservation but really wanted a king suite. So they decide to “upgrade” us to a Junior Suite but for only one night so we would have to get up the next morning and store our luggage until our actual room is ready. Sometimes I swear I live in an episode of Seinfeld. I mean what is the point of a reservation if the hotel doesn’t hold the room. A reservation is an agreement that I will pay for said reserved room and they will hold this now paid for room. I upheld my end of the agreement why didn’t they? Plus when you do give someone’s room away you could at least make up a better reason other than some guy off the street wanted it. But the room was nice, comfortable and clean.

0 comments: