Monday, May 3, 2010

I've been crocheting...

Do you ever start a craft project with the intentions of only making one of the particular item and before you know it the project has taken on a life of its own?

Yeah, that’s exactly what happened to me with crocheting baby hats. I started out with simply wanting to make the baby Owen a hat, but after making one I wanted to just tweak the pattern a bit and before you know it I had found four more sites with hat patterns and even created a few of my own. So far Owen has two hats both I’m only semi happy with and a few others I’ll probably donate. The hats are just so easy to make and you can do a full one in about an hour. It was a perfect project for me while I spent a few hours in the recliner.

If you want to make your own hat I used the following links for my patterns.

Hats! Hats! Hats @ Bevs Country Cottage

Newborn Set @ Crochet4fun.com

Raspberry toque @ Canadian Living