Saturday, July 7, 2007

One for the Money ~ Janet Evanovich

I’m sorry about my recent absents. As some of you know I’ve been working about fifty hours a week and planning my upcoming wedding, so needless to say I’ve been slightly busy. And while I’ve been a fairly calm bride for the last ten months I have officially started to freak out.

I don’t know when or how but last weekend I sat down and read One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. I wasn’t expecting to like it as I did. Everyone told me it was funny, but I was a little hesitant. It isn’t the type of book I typically like to read. Yet, I really enjoyed it, so much in fact that I read it in one sitting. Something I haven’t done with a book in quite some time.

As I expected it wasn’t the typical story I like to read, but it was hilarious, the one liners kept me wanting to turn the page. I don’t know if I’ll pick up any of the other books in the series, but this one was a good read.

“There are some men who enter a woman's life and screw it up forever.”

1 comments:

Joy said...

LOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEE them. And really, they only get funnier. wish you were close, I've got 'em all, I'd loan 'em to ya.
As a side note.. don't bother with some of her other series. They're all pretty much like stranger versions of this set and honestly just don't live up to these. But the Stephanie Plum novels.. love 'em all. Gonna try to pick up 13 this weekend.