Sunday, July 8, 2007

Serendipity

Just finished watching Serendipity on TBS. Sometimes I hate watching movies on TV because so much ends up getting left out. Surprisingly I rather enjoyed this movie despite the romantic debate I engaged Matt in during it. Obviously the movie is something that is suppose to be an unrealistic romantic comedy, but sometimes I’m bothered by how easily Hollywood will take a solid relationship and throw it out the window for the stranger on the street. What if these two get together and find out the other one is absolutely crazy? And the movie always ends with the two main characters ending up happily ever after, but we never really learn what happened to the old significant others. The ones that were throw to the road at the first signs of some new adventure. When is someone going to make a movie about the other side?

I know sometimes I just need to let go and enjoy the movie, but commercials are just such wonderful little breaks that allow these types of thoughts to form in my mind.

With all that said I would like to put it in writing that I did enjoy the movie and should I ever see it in the discount bin, we’d pick it up.


You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: "Did he have passion?"

1 comments:

Joy said...

This is the bitch I have about SOoooooo many movies. I don't ask for much. Give me a little musical montage of them walking down the street talking. Show me they bothered to get to know each other. Lust at first sight is one thing, but what happens when she turns out to be batshit crazy?
Give me a break.