Friday, January 25, 2008

The Bucket List - Movie Review

We Saw The Bucket List last weekend. I’ve got to say it was good but not really as good as I had hoped. I tend to cry and trivial things, such as the commercials about adopted dogs on TV or even happy events in movies. Yet, for some reason I didn’t shed a tear during this film and for some reason I was really looking forward to a good cry. And that’s not to say it wasn’t sad it just didn’t hit me like I expected. Maybe it was because I went into the movie knowing it was going to be about death, hence the title Bucket List. On the other hand I did bawl my eyes out at Bridge to Terabithia and I knew how that was going to end.

The movie was good though probably one we’ll add to our collection one day. Although Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are getting up there in years. Even so they’re still great actors and had great on screen charisma. Sometimes its hard for me to watch Jack especially in serious scenes because I just always picture him looking through the door yelling “Here’s Johnny”. I think it’s probably a problem many of us suffer from.

And even though the movie is about death and the list of things to do before dying there are some hilarious moments throughout the film. Seeing the two men’s friendship evolve in life and death over their crazy adventures makes you think about your own friends and life in a different way.

If you’ve got nothing else to do see this movie, otherwise just rent it.


“Here's something to remember when you're older Thomas - never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.”

0 comments: