Sunday, May 11, 2008

PaperBackSwap.com

So during my travels in internet world I came across what seems to be an amazing website. Paperbackswap.com. This site is a place where users (for free) can post books (not just paperbacks) that they are willing to send off to someone. For doing this you earn credits, two for listing your first ten books and one for every book you ship off to another member. With these credits you can search the books other members have listed and have one shipped to you. The only cost associated with this is the cost you incur when you send a book. (around 2.13— a for a typical paperback)

Before signing up I read some reviews and played around the site to make sure it was legit. From what I can tell it is. Since I’m kind of a book freak and have mine all listed in excel I have a few I could list. Out of the 500 I own I listed about 60. By doing this I earned two credits and shipped off my first book the next day. I have since requested two books. Mine has already arrived and been read. (The Starter Wife). The book, a hard cover, came in good condition about three days after I requested it.

Don’t have a ton of books to be mailing to strangers? You can also buy credits for about $3.50 a book. Much cheaper than the cost of a new one at B&N or even Amazon (when you calculate the cost of shipping).

So far I’m happy with the site and hope I get the chance to read some good books from other members. If you should decide to join up connect from the link below, I get free books from referrals… duh.

0 comments: