Monday, May 5, 2008

The Starter Wife, Book Review

So I read The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer this weekend. It was ok. I think I had my hopes a little high. I really have to be in the right mood in order to handle a lot of sappy mushy stuff. And this book had a little more than I like, what can I say, I’m a non romantic female. I guess I started reading the book thinking it would be more along the lines of The First Wives Club; it wasn’t. The Starter Wife is about Gracie and begins with her life as a Wife Of; the name given to the wives of famous figures in Hollywood. Gracie’s life drastically changes when she becomes a divorcee and worse yet, a starter wife. We as readers follow Gracie through her experiences as she clings to her friends during the rough times and the search for a new man, in the strangest of places. I read The Starter Wife in less than two days so I obviously found it enjoyable, just not one I’ll be re-reading anytime soon.

0 comments: