Monday, December 28, 2009

I resisted a sale today...

Just thought I'd stop by and share my ability to pass up a sale today.


Today while shopping I saw one of the craft books I've been looking at for the last few months. I pass it every once and a while, flip through, sigh a little bit and put it back. It's $14 at Amazon and almost $18 in the store. Today it was marked down to $7. At first I was so excited I was finally going to get my book at a decent price, but after carrying it around a while I realized I've spent so much time just thinking about this book that I really didn't want it anymore. I never really needed it to begin with especially since you can find most projects for free online.

And you know what? It felt great to put the book back and walk off without it. Not only did I save $7 but I didn't bring any extra clutter into the house.

I figure if I can walk by a cheap craft book without buying it, anyone can do it.

0 comments: