Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Put More Cash in Your Pocket: Turn What You Know into Dough

One thing I have been doing quite a bit of the last months or so is reading. I’ve saved over $513 from using paperbackswap.com. If you aren’t already a member I highly suggest you consider signing up. The first book I dove into this year was “Put More Cash in Your Pocket: Turn What You Know into Dough” by Loral Langemeier.


The one major eye sore that stuck out and almost ruined the book for me was the complete lack of editing. There were misspellings, words out of place, run on sentences, just about every literary blunder you can make. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not saying I’ve never made my fair share of mistakes, heck just the other day I used a their/there incorrectly (and didn’t notice it in time to correct it), but I’m also not publishing a book and expecting to make a few million on it either. I hope that future editions will be scrutinized a little more heavily.

For the most part though it’s a pretty good read. The average reader can get through it at a quick pace and the chapters are filled with step by step instructions on how to find, start, and get working on making some extra dough. The book itself is pretty inspiration but like many things I think most people (myself included) will find it hard to continue that motivation and stride into the weeks after reading. I could blame it on the almost seven month old who still isn’t sleeping through the night but honestly if it wasn’t him I’m sure there would be another just as time consuming commitment out there. As Zig says “Motivation is like bathing, you have to do it every day”, I’m still working on my every day.

0 comments: