Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bee Movie - Review

I am weeks behind in my bloggings but work has me working what feels like 50 hours a week and the trips to Wisconsin. Anyway, a few weekends ago we went to see Bee Movie. The movie is about a Bee, Barry, who leaves the hive after finding out he will spend the rest of his days making honey. On his journey through New York City he befriends a florist named Vanessa. In time he learns about the human exploitation of bees in order to make honey and decides to sue humans. The rest of the movie is the subsequent legal battle and after actions. Overall I really enjoyed the movie, yeah it’s a little corny but I think it portrayed the environmental aspect in a subtle way throughout the movie. Unlike Happy Feet which threw it all in there during the last oh, three minutes.
I was also really happy with the fact I didn’t hear/see any sexual innuendos, swearing or other “adult” content that you see in many big movies starting comedians such as Shrek and The Grinch. Don’t get me wrong I love both those movies and own them but my children won’t be watching them any time soon. Especially considering I don’t have children; but when I do these movies won’t be on their shelf. If it is true that what our children watch can influence their behavior maybe this one will get more of our future generations thinking about our planet. And that’s never a bad thing.

It defiantly didn’t hurt the movie that Jerry Seinfeld was in it considering we can’t get enough of him in our house.

“Everyone knows you sting someone, you die. You don't waste it on a squirrel. He was such a hothead.”

0 comments: