Monday, April 28, 2008

Timeline - Book Review

So I just finished Timeline by Michael Crichton. I was getting a little discouraged by my choice of books lately but Timeline saved the day. For someone who really doesn’t like the move Jurassic Park or the fifteen sequels that followed, I have found Crichton’s books to be amazing. I’ve never read Jurassic Park, because of the movie, but every book I have read by Crichton I’ve loved. Timeline is just the most recent. Its predecessor’s being Rising Sun and The Great Train Robbery.

Timeline was a true page turner. Mainly because Crichton makes the interesting chapters only about two pages; therefore, when you finish one you go “Oh, only two pages till the next chapter, I’ll stop there”. Five chapters later its 1am but you just can’t put it down. I also enjoyed that it’s not riddled with romance or love triangles, just pure excitement and adventure.

I was going to write a summary, but I think the link to it on Amazon.com pretty much clears it up. If you like Crichton I’m sure you’ll enjoy Timeline.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timeline was one of the worst books I have ever read! Talk about plot holes.