Thursday, August 3, 2006

Finding Neverland


Matt and I watched Finding Neverland this weekend. I thought the movie was absolutely wonderful and even though I didn’t official cry I was very close.

The main thing that kept me from totally engulfing the movie was the constant little voice reminding me that it probably wasn’t true...and of course it wasn’t. Immediately after watching the movie I did some research on the true story behind what really happened. The first place I went to was the imdb boards and of course people were so upset that the movie wasn’t right on truthful. The main problem being they had said in the opening that it was based on true events...my point being the emphasis on the word based . If people were really interested in the story you can search the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia for J.M. Barrie; there I’ve done it for you. I agree it’s sad that the movie wasn’t true and but they have to play up the love aspect of it or no one would like it. It’s not a real point by point story, it’s an interpretation of the facts…didn’t we learn anything from Michael Moore…or Titanic at that?

With all that said and done it was still an amazing version of the events and terrible that it led to such a sad ending. Barrie really does seem to ruin everything he touches, in regards to that family at least.

Oh, great, 25 orphan children, now my nightmare is complete. ~ Charles Frohman (A fact: There were no orphan children at the opening of Peter Pan)

4 ½ Stars ~ Sometimes it’s ok to tell the truth and I would have like to have seen more of it in this adaptation.

0 comments: