Monday, April 7, 2008

Riverdance - A stage review

We saw Riverdance on Saturday. It was their farewell engagement so we figured we better see it while we still could.
I was able to buy a pin from the show to add to my collection so that always makes me happy, me being a pin whore and all.

The 2008 North American tour is the Boyne Company. Their show was really great. I didn’t realize Riverdance incorporated so many different forms of dancing. There were Russian sets, Latin dances, and even great musical solos included. I really enjoyed the Jazz set and subsequent dance off.

One negative to going to shows like this, they always make me super jealous. I wish I had the ability flail my legs uncontrollably while keeping my arms straight at my sides. Seriously, that’s amazing. I’d trip all over myself three and a half steps in. There was also a dancer who was dancing to one rhythm and clapping to another It made my head spin just watching him. There is no way I could do that. I can barely rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time.

My point, the show was great and the dancers were amazing. You should go see it if you get the chance.

0 comments: