Friday, April 18, 2008

The Zombie Survival Guide - Book Review

I finished The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks last weekend. Before picking this book up I was reading on average one book every week or week and a half. Max put this trend to a halt quicker than my last book club read.

This book is just horrible. Having a book to read before I go to bed is normally something I look forward to, but knowing this one was waiting for me made me cringe. It took me three weeks to finish the book. If you can even call it a book.

Really The Zombie Survival Guide is more of an actual manual for dealing with the living dead. I love movies like Shaun of the Dead. So when I head this book was a humorous guide to Zombie survival I had to have it.

There is nothing humorous about this text. I think the only reason it is classified as humor is so Max doesn’t want to look like the real crazy he is. This is less comedy and more an actual guidebook. Topics like which weapons to stockpile and picking a fortress to relocate to.

Very boring but I suppose if I ever get attacked by zombies I’ll be prepared.

0 comments: