Monday, April 14, 2008

The Ruins - Movie Review

Last Sunday we went to the theater and saw The Ruins during its opening weekend. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie especially since I skipped a good one in order to see this.

And it was NOT worth the four dollars per ticket that we paid. I suppose the popcorn was good, but that was about it. Maybe it’s my own fault for not liking The Ruins. I should have read more on imdb.com before going to see it. The previews just looked so good and I swear I heard good reviews on the book. Although the reviewer I blamed has since recanted their recommendation. :)

I wouldn’t call this movie a Thriller or Horror as it’s classified on imdb. I’d just call it unnecessary gore. I would go more in depth but I don’t see how I can truly discuss all the flaws without some seriously spoilers. I guess if you want to really understand just how bad this movie is you’ll have to see it on your own. Or better yet rent it.

“So what do you guys think: Ancient Mayan temple off the beaten path?”

0 comments: