Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Harry Plopper

Saw Harry Plopper with the family last week, in IMAX. I gave my family a lot of crap but it really wasn’t that bad of a movie. I haven’t seen a Harry movie since like the first or second one so it was interesting to see them more mature, especially after seeing the naked pictures of Harry (Caution not work safe) from the play ‘Equus’.

My only real issue was at the end during our 20 minutes of action packed excitement right after the Dark Lord Vader emerged I kept waiting for someone to tell Harry to use the force. I waited and waited but it never came. I figure if you’re going to use the same plot as Star Wars or you know World War II you could at least throw a few lines in there. How hard would it be to have Harry lose a hand or let Dumbledore grow a toothbrush moustache? I don't think I'm asking too much, all the other movies coming out of Hollywood have been remakes lately, why not this one?

I suspect the Nargles are behind it

1 comments: