Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today in passing at work someone said to me “oh well you can’t predict the weather” and it got me thinking. Yes we can.

In fact there is a whole profession dedicated to it. Meteorology. And while those in the profession might not be able to predict the weather by 100% they do a pretty darn good job in my opinion.

So the next time someone tells you we can’t predict the weather gracefully explain to them you think the National Weather Service would beg to differ.

And with that I’m also proposing we get rid of this clearly outdated saying and start using something like, “You can’t fly to Pluto in a day”. Now in 100 years this may be outdated as well, but until then I think we’re better off. Let’s not continue to down play all the things we’ve accomplished in the last 100 years, predicting the weather included.

0 comments: