Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Simpson's Movie

So Matt made me go see The Simpson Movie last week. I must say it wasn’t as bad as I expected. It was basically like watching a long episode, which I knew going in so I was ready for it.

My main grip is having to hear everyone sing the “Spider Pig” song, hopefully that fades soon. I still have the song that never ends and the Freddy Krueger song run through my head every so often. Let’s just hope I’m not fifty singing

Spider pig, spider pig
Does whatever a spider pig does
Can he bounce, from a web
No he can’t, cause he’s a pig
Look out, he’s a spider pig,
Look, out he’s a spider piiiig!


I know we’ll be buying this movie when it comes out. If you’ve ever watched and enjoyed a Simpson’s episode you should probably check this out, even if only to say you’ve seen it.

Some advice: Stay for ALL the credits

-Some fun trivia-

Twentieth Century Fox registered the internet domain SIMPSONSMOVIE.COM on 22 April 1997, nine years before the movie finally was green lighted.

The choral version of "Spider Pig" from the movie soundtrack, credited to Hans Zimmer, reached #24 on the British singles chart for the week ending 08-05-2007. At 64 seconds, it is the shortest track to ever reach the British top 40.

Look at that, you can see the four states that border Springfield: Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky!

0 comments: