Sunday, February 10, 2008

More 2008 movie releases

Continued from Yesterday…

Iron Man - May 22nd
Obviously this one is for Matt. Iron Man is another movie based on a Marvel comic one thing I think we’ve seen enough of. But I let Matt throw in a few movie choices of his own : ) So I guess we’ll go see this one.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - May 22nd
I am so excited for the new Indiana Jones movie to come out. I can only hope it meets my high expectations, but with Harrison Ford and Sean Connery both returning, I think it will.

Get Smart - May 29th
If you love good comedy then you’re probably like me and can’t wait to see Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 return. Steve Carell will be playing Max and although I’m honestly not a huge fan of his work I do think he’s the perfect person for this role.

Sex and the City: The Movie - May 30th
After I finished watching this series I said I didn’t want and wouldn’t watch a SATC movie, but not I feel like enough time has passed that I might make it over to the theater for this one. I just hope they don’t muddy up the story line with crap. It should just bring the girls (with their previous significant others) and answer any questions they may have left us with. No break ups – death or any crap like that.

Mama Mia - July 25th
I haven’t heard very much about the Movie Mama Mia. In fact I didn’t even know this was going to be a made into a movie until I saw it on MovieWeb. One of the reason I use this amazing site. I LOVED the play when we saw it last year so we’ll probably go see the movie just to compare. Besides you can never get enough ABBA.

X-Files 2 - July 25th
Another movie I didn’t even know was being released until I visited this site. I need to see more previews before making a decision on whether or not to see this one. I want to know the topic and who will and will not be reprising their roles before making a judgment.

Where the Wild Things Are - October 3rd
So I don’t really know if I’ll actually go see this movie; the whole cartoon thing, but I wanted to acknowledge a movie about one of my favorite childhood books.

Harry Potter: and the Half Blood Prince - November 21st
So I’m not a huge Harry Potter fan but just like with the books I figure I’ve read/watched this many I’m better off just finishing them all. I like to imagine this is how many of us feel about old Harry and that’s why they do so well.

So that’s more movies than some will see and many less than others, but I think it’s a nice list for Matt and I to aspire to. I’m sure I’ll add some to the list later in the year once their previews actually come out. Others may even get taken off if their previews don’t look so good once they air. And sadly, even though these are the movies I want to see I know chances are high that life will get in the way and I’ll miss a few.

What movies will you make sure to see during 2008?

0 comments: