Friday, August 21, 2009

Kroger Mega Savings Event Shopping trip

So after an exciting week I was finally able to make it to Kroger this afternoon to participate in the Mega Savings event. Remember you can still enter to win your own $30 gift card to use during this event - HERE


I shopped at the Kroger located on Holmes Rd in Lansing, Michigan because they always double coupons (some local stores only double when the ads states it). The whole thing was going great, the store was well stocked and I was able to grab everything we wanted. When we were finished our cashier (Christy) was really friendly; at least until she asked me if I had any coupons, the conversation went south from there.

She immediately took out all my internet printed coupons and said they didn’t accept them. After I objected to whether or not the store would take these legitimate coupons, she called a manager who took the coupons to “inspect them”. Once the manager returned she approved all the coupons except my Sobe buy one get one free which was printed from the same site as all the other coupons (coupons.com) so I’m not sure why that one was forbidden but I let it go. All was well afterward and I was able to save a ton.

Items included in the buy 10 get $5
Item prices DO NOT reflect the $5 discount – I took it off at the end

Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes $1.69
- Used $ .40 off one – shortcuts.com
2 Betty Crocker Fruit Shapes (2.49) $4.98
- Used (2) $ .40 off one (doubled)
- Used $ .40 off one – shortcuts.com
2 Sobe Life Water (.99) $1.98
- Coupon not accepted
Wanchai Ferry Frozen Entrée $6.49
- Coupon not scanned
Pillsbury Simply Cookie dough $3.49
- Used Free coupon $3.49
2 Nature Valley Nut Clusters (2.99) $5.98
- Used (2) $1 off one
- Used $1 off one – shortcuts.com
- Used $.40 off one – shortcuts.com
Grands Biscuit $1.49
- Used $ .35 off one (doubled)
3 Warm Delights (2.39) $7.17
- Used (3) $.50 off one coupons (doubled)
- Used $ .50 off one – shortcuts.com
3 Hamburger Helper (1.49) $4.47
- Used $ .75 off 3
- Used $.75 off 3 – shortcuts.com
2 Trix Cereals (1.99) $3.98
- Used (2) $.55 off one
- Used $ .55 off one – shortcuts.com
2 Cheerios (1.99) $3.98
- Used $1 off 2

Other Purchases

Rice Krispies $3.39
- Used Free Coupon $3.39
2 Speed Stick deodorants (2.38) $4.76
- Used (2) $1.50 off one
Mighty Dog food $. 89
- Used Free coupon $.89
Starbucks ice Cream $3.59
- Used Free coupon (facebook) $3.59
Yoplait Yogurt $.60
- Used Free Coupon $ .60
4 M &M packets (.79) $3.16
- Used (2) Free coupons $1.58


Total before coupons: $62.09
Kroger Mega Event discounts: $10
Shortcut coupons: $4
Paper coupons and doubles: $26.69

Total after coupons: $21.40

So I ended up saving 65% for a total of $40.69

After I returned home and started doing my work up I realized she charged me for FOUR packs of M&M’s and did not scan my $2 off for the stir fry. Had these things been done correctly and my Sobe coupon taken I would have saved an additional $4.57. This is what I get for not paying enough attention at the check out.

0 comments: