Sunday, March 1, 2009

February Financial Update


February wasn’t a great money month for us but we were able to put away an additional $210 in our dream fund. It doesn't seem like a ton but it comes to almost 4% of our total $5,500 extra we need for 2009. In total we've been able to come up with an extra $752 for our dream fund that's almost 14% of what we need!

$175 was from extra work Matt was able to pick up
$ 35 from sales on Craigslist

I love selling things on Craigslist. Not only am I able to get rid of my clutter I’m making money to do so. I listed a bunch of other things to sell today and hope to have some bidders soon.

In February I was able to get rid of about 50 hangers, 5 bags of clothes, a ton of scrapbooking stuff (more to come on this), and I sent off almost 10 books through paperbackswap.com.

I really don’t feel like this was enough I plan to get rid of much more during the month of March. The first day of spring is March 20th and I want to be in full spring cleaning mode by then.

I don’t know about you but I am ready for spring.

0 comments: