Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stressful week

I haven't posted since Tuesday and don't have anything ready today since I haven't made it shopping this week. I'm not gone or lost but I do have over 30 emails to read, 200+ items in my Google reader, and lots of things I want to post about. You'll have to give me some time to catch up.

I've also been thinking of starting a new feature at OnOurWay similar to Living Simply Saturdays at keeper of the home. Last Saturday was the last Living Simple carnival - a feature I hate to see disappear.
But I need to know, if I was to host something similar would you guys be interested in reading about it and would you post your own simple strategies in a Mr.linky? Let me know what you think in the comment section or @onourway in Twitter.

There are a few other things happening with our family right now as well, some bad, scary, and good.

The bad: On Thursday evening we tried to take the car in for an oil change only to find out there were some extensive problems requiring a mechanic. You know it's not good when someone uses the word hemorrhaging and road side assistance more than once. I sat at work all day Friday waiting to hear the cost which wasn't as bad as we expected. Even with these repairs we've put in less than $1000 into this car over the last six years we've had it, including all oil changes and other required maintenance. Must less than what we'd pay in interest on a loan. We don't have the car back yet but hopefully it will happen this afternoon.

The scary:
After some recent events in our neighborhood Matt and I have decided it's time for us to move. We love our house and if it was just going to be the two of us we'd probably stay but if we ever want to start a family I'd like to do it in a safer area. Right now is the time to buy so we've been researching homes and been to look at a few properties. I'm not sure when or if we'll move but it's nice to be looking. When we bought our current home we had a time limit to move within, this time around we can take our time and be pickier.

The good:
Even though I've been extremely stressed and busy I have had time to read two books and get a few crafts done. Look for those post this week.

0 comments: