Saturday, March 7, 2009

Giving up Scrap booking

I’m taking a big leap and declaring that I’m giving up scrap booking!

That’s right I will no longer be scrap booking. Not only will this save me money and time but also stress. As I was going through my craft supplies I realized I had at least three tubs of scrapbook stuff and various items laying all over our spare room. I haven’t scrap booked in over almost two years. In fact when I really sat and thought about it, I don’t even enjoy scrap booking.

I’d get the photos developed and they would sit somewhere for a year or so. One day I’d pull out all my supplies and make a huge mess which would take me a week to fully clean up. And truth be told I didn’t do it because I was excited to scrapbook I’d do it because I felt like I had to. Everyone always seems to be doing these adorable books and loving every minute of it. The peer pressure can make you feel like you’re not doing something right if your not making amazing scrapbooks each weekend. Quite honestly mine weren't even that great. So that’s it, I’m giving it up. As of today I will no longer be pressured into thinking I HAVE to scrapbook.
For now on we’ll keep all our pictures in photo albums. They’re cheaper to buy and can be quickly updated. I might buy some small booklets to put our event tickets in and such but that’s it.

I went through all my stuff and sold a huge box of supplies on Craigslist.com in February. We put the money towards our Dream goal. It feels so great to be simplifying our life by reducing our stuff and making money for it.

And you know what, it is really liberating to no longer feel like I have to do stuff.
Is there something you do because you feel like you have to? Give it up – seriously just try it even if only for a trial period. Or if you’re not quite to that point yet what would you give up if you could?




Stop by Keeper of the Home to read more Simple Living Saturdays

3 comments:

Craft Tea Lady said...

I bet that is freeing.

I decided to scrapbook digitally close to 4 yrs ago and get 99.9% of my items for free (due to designers giving items away for free - samples) and I LOVE IT. I don't have the mess. I can scrapbook anywhere in short spurts and just hit save.

For me, its the best of both worlds.

www.xanga.com/crafttealady
www.crafttealady.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I do my photo albums online at photoworks.com. I can print out copies for the grandparents too. It is much cheaper than scrapbooking plus you can wait for a 2 for 1 deal.

I also sold a lot of my old supplies on eBay and made bank!