Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How to Make an American Quilt - Whitney Otto


I wasn’t overly impressed with this book It is just the stories of these woman’s lives and how they came to join the quilting group. There is no climax or plot outline unless you count the actual chapters on quilting. I have a feeling this might be one of the odd situations when the movie is better than a book.

I guess it just wasn’t my style. If you want to know more about the actual book rather than just my ranting you can read actual reviews at the book’s Amazon page. It received three and a half stars out of five available and overall mixed reviews. It looks to be one of those love it or hate it

Books Read in 2009: 8
Book Remaining: 42


I have to start reading more if I'm ever to make my goal, but even if I don't I've already read more books this year in march than all of 2008. I love reading so it's great to prioritize enjoying something I like to do for a change.

0 comments: