Sunday, June 8, 2008

Breaking Up

Neil Sedaka said “Breaking up was hard to do”; and he was right, but sadly after this week I’ve decided to end my relationship with Target. I know there are great deals to be found there, especially on clearance items. I even have a Target walking distance from where I work which is easy and convenient, but I just can’t maintain an effective relationship with them any longer.

I’m tired of having to read their ad five times to make sure I have the crazy writing figured out for any of their sales. Then when you get to Target the items are either sold out, no where to be found, wrong signs, the list goes on and on. Plus their non sale items are always more expensive than my local Walmart or Meijer. It’s just not worth the hassle to me any longer.

The final straw happened on Saturday. I went in to buy a Fusion and a Venus razor in order to receive the ten dollar gift card. I have plans for it that I’ll blog about later.
We picked out our razors choosing the ones located directly under the sign advertising the ten dollar gift card deal. So imagine my surprise when we got to the register and after checking out no gift card. Of course twenty minutes later the employee at customer service realized the razors were signed incorrectly. We got the right item, which ended up being cheaper than what we originally paid. I was told the difference (1.60) would be credited back to my card, but so far it hasn’t. We’ll see.

When we first checked out we had:
1 Fusion Power Razor 8.94
1 Venus Embrace Razor 9.44

I used:
1 $4 off coupon for the Fusion
1 $2 off coupon for the Venus

After tax and coupons (for our first transaction): $13.48
With no gift card.

Once the gift card issue was figured out we ended up with a Fusion razor for 7.99 and should end up with 1.60 refunded (we’ll see).

That should make my final price $11.88 with a $10 gift card so $1.88 out of pocket.

But like I said we’ll wait and see if I get that buck sixty back on my card. Even if we don’t I still think $3.48 for two razors is a good deal. We were going to buy the gift card anyway. Either way you slice it I won’t be returning to Target in the future unless it’s one heck of a deal.

0 comments: