Monday, June 16, 2008

$$ CVS Money Makers $$

Ok, my third trip to CVS went well… for a newbie. I walked out very happy. I’m no where near as good as the ladies linked to the right, but I’m learning. I think I did quite well. Today at lunch I bought:

1 Colgate toothpaste: $.99
1 CVS Plastic bandages: $1.99
1 CVS Cotton Swabs (500 count): $3.19
2 Sally Hansen Nail pens: $15.98 (7.99 each)

Total before coupons and ecbs: $22.15

::I used::
1 - $4/20 CVS coupon
1 - .99 Colgate
1 - $2 off CVS Beauty product found Here
1 - $3/2 Sally Hansen product found Here

Total: $12.16
ECB’s Used: $10.98 (3.98, 2, 5)
Total after ECB’s: $1.49 (1.18 + .31 cents tax)

ECB’s Earned: $13.99
$10 for Sally Hansen products
$1.99 For bandages
$2.00 for Cotton Swabs

Basically I received $23 in product for $1.49. If you look at it as ECB’s and oop spent compared to ECB’s earned I actually got paid $1.52 to shop at CVS this week. I spent $12.47 in ECB’s and cash but earned $13.99 back in ECB’s.

With my coupon I received the Colgate toothpaste totally free. The bandages were free after I earned the $1.99 ecb I spent back in more ecb’s. The Cotton Swabs were $3.19, I used the $2 coupon and earned $2 in ecb’s so CVS paid me .81 cents to take them off their hands. Not bad for my third trip if I do say so myself. I could get used to all this free stuff.

I couldn’t have done any of it without the following sites. Without these blogs and helpful ladies I would still be paying full price for things. Crazy I know.

Leaving Excess
Mommy Making Money
Money Saving Mom
The “Cent”sible Sawyer
Short Signature

1 comments:

Denise Sawyer said...

Thanks! I am glad my blog is helping someone else score the good deals!

Thanks for the linkage!

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer