Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My new focus.

So I don’t know who said it but I’ve heard they say life is all about change. And just to make sure it’s true there will be some parts of this blog changing, mainly the whole focus.

Don’t be scared I’ll still be including all my reviews and rants I just also plan to include links and updated to a new topic important in my life… retirement. Or more; the saving our way to early retirement. I love writing all the reviews but I’ve really gotten into the whole financial and retirement thing. Ok, in all honesty Matt would probably call it more of an obsession, which might be true. But it’s a hard thing to swallow when you realize you doubled your household income after college but still can’t afford to buy a tube of toothpaste. At that point I understood we had to make some serious changes if we were ever going to retire let alone retire early. So saving money has become my kick and I’m only becoming more excited by it when I see our results.

In my research I found these wonderful things called coupons which are like free money. Two weeks ago I was able to buy our $4 toothpaste for a buck on sale and with using a coupon. I’m kind of proud, can you tell? That was my first coupon purchase but surely not my last.

This whole thing started out six months ago as a mission to pay off our credit cards but has recently become so much more; a lifestyle. Especially as we are within two months of having our cards paid off, the next question I ask myself is “What can I pay off next? And how much can I save to do it quicker?”

So I hope you enjoy my new quest… financial freedom.

0 comments: