Saturday, June 14, 2008

My First CVS Trip

How I did at CVS today. I’ve been waiting to go do my very first transaction at CVS all week. I tried to last Sunday when the sale broke but we were deterred by severe storms in the area. Unlike many of our neighbors we never lost power or suffered any damage so I really can't complain.

By the time I was able to make it back to CVS it was Monday night and they were completely sold out of everything on my list. I gave it another try on Friday after work only to be shot down again.

Finally today after meeting a friend for lunch we were able to attempt my thoroughly planned trip at a different CVS. This time we were successful. Kind of. It seems in my planning I made a few newbie miscalculations. Things like not including our 6% interest and using the wrong price on an item when calculating at home. I still think we did great and it was much easier than I had expected. I’m beginning to love CVS.

Here’s how we did:


:I bought:
2 Sea Breeze Actives: $4.99 @ BOGO so 2.49 a piece
1 Nivea shave gel: $2.79
2 Nivea Extreme Shave gels: $3.99
1 Brut deodorant: $3.39

Total Before Coupons: $19.15

:I used:
1 sea breeze coupon: -.55
1 Brut any item: -1.oo
1 $4/2 Nivea: - 4
1 $2/1 Nivea: -2
1 $3/15 CVS: -3
Total coupon savings: $10.55

Total after tax: $9.57
ECB’s Received: $8.00

Since it was our first CVS transaction we had to pay the $9.57 cents out of pocket. We made $8 in ECB’s so for this transaction I’m going to consider it only 1.57 spent.

I’ll be making it to CVS tomorrow morning so hopefully this week I’ll get in on the deals early. I’ve got some smart rinse to pick up.
Short Signature

0 comments: