Monday, December 22, 2008

Cheap & Recycled Gift Wrap

Another great gift wrap option. If you're running out of time before the holidays this is a great solution to create your own gift wrap from things found around your home.


As you can see in the picture above I've taken a page from a catalog and some paper from our shredder.


When put all together it makes a great mini gift bag all from recycled materials and with no cost.

You can find the great gift bag tutorial from Junk Mail Gems (I love her site) . I kept my bag simple but you can also add handles made from ribbon or yarn.

And don't forget to finish the gift off with some free gift tags.

Embroidered Gift Tags
Tags from scraps

I also had Leah from Suddenly Frugal tweet me another great idea for making gift tags. She takes last years Christmas cards and cuts out the image with pinking shears making a unique tag for each gift.

0 comments: