Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quick, Easy and Cheap Christmas Gift

Not finished with all your Christmas shopping yet? You're running out of time, but I have a quick, easy and cheap solution.
Remember the records bowls I made a few months ago?

I decided to use a few and give them away as Christmas gifts, but I didn't want the bowls to be empty so I loaded them up with chocolate chip cookies of course.


These will be going to the family members we didn't do designated gifts with this year.

The record bowls cost about $.80 and it takes about 5 minutes to make them (including oven prep time). The cookies are your standard Chocolate chip where cost and prep time vary. These cost about $10 for quite a few dozen and we made them all in about an hour. I wrapped the cookies in red saran wrap ($2) to protect them from the bowl and tied it off with some green ribbon.

Total cost per bowl comes out to less than $2 and we finished then within a few hours.

They make a great unique Christmas gift that will have everyone talking and you can have them ready in no time at all.

0 comments: