Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our good News

So the good news post is only a day late, I've been wrapped up in Christmas parties and a huge yarn sale at JoAnns. I'm trying to get all my materials from re-purposed items but I can't pass up $6 yarn on sale for $1.50 . If fact I'm thinking I'll go back tomorrow, just to make sure I didn't miss any thing, plus I really should pick up some more masculine colors in case Matt needs something made in the future. I can rationalize anything, it's from years of credit card shopping except this time I'm paying cash.

So on to the good news

Starting January 12th Matt will start a new job.

Like any new opportunity there are some pros and cons. Obviously the pros out weight the cons since he's accepted the position but it does mean some major changes in our home. This new position comes with a nice pay increase and health benefits, major pros.

The one con we will be experencing is the loss of a vehicle. Currently Matt uses a company car and company gas 100% of the time. We actually only own one vehicle. We could go out and purchase a new (to us) vehicle and take on a car payment, but we really don't want to owe anyone else money again. So that means for the time being we'll be a one car family, it will be an interesting experience. I work the night shift two nights a week so I won't be able to pick Matt up from work which means he'll have to take the bus. (Sadly I don't have a bus route available or else we'd be a full time bus family) In the future we'll probably buy another car but for the next little bit we're going to give it a shot and see what happens.

With all these financial changes I reworked the 2009 budget and will be posting it soon. I also have a listing of our 2009 financial and personal goals, but I put it down so I wouldn't lose it and have apparently lost it. Isn't that how it always goes?

0 comments: