Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm a Knitter!

After deciding I wanted to learn to knit I "borrowed" (she'll never see them again) some knitting needles from my Mom and set off to find a good tutorial. I figured why spend money on a how to knitting book when I have the internet at my fingertips?

I really only needed to learn the knit and purl stitches for the dish cloths I want to make so it didn't take me very long to get the hang of it. I found a great tutorial on the Better Homes and Gardens page called Knitting 101: Knit and Purl stitches. It not only has easy to understand text but great pictures as well.

This creation was suppose to be a scarf for Matt since he now has to walk to the bus stop in the cold, but I found a quicker crotchet solution. Even though I have abandoned this knitted scarf I can't wait to get my first dish cloth finished. I've been collecting patterns for a few weeks now, but need to finish a few other projects before I get started.

0 comments: