Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My first scarf

I made my first scarf!
I tried to knit Matt a new scarf for the winter but I have the patience of a six year old and it was taking way too long. I was able to crotchet this scarf in under an hour.


I found the pattern from Laughing Purple goldfish designs a blog dedicated to using recycled and reclaimed materials, my kind of crafter. It took an hour to crotchet the scarf and another two to look over all her amazing projects. I've never used four yarns at once in a project before and was a little nervous about how it would turn out, but I really like it.

Because the scarf is for Matt I took the provided pattern and changed it to fit his needs. I added about 20 double crotchets and two extra rows so it's extra long and thick.

I used four different yarns and I think it looks best with 3 different colors max - I used one blue and three gray rolls.

Find the orginal pattern at Laughing Purple Goldfish Designs
final row - dc into every stitch to end, fasten off

0 comments: