Monday, June 15, 2009

The Shack - Book Review

I broke my own rule again, looks like I’m braking all kinds of rules lately. The Shack by P.Young is one of those popular books, but this time it paid off. I was pursuing PBS for a good find when I saw The Shack was #1 on the Top 50 Requested list. I decided to give it a shot and it was a decent book.

The Shack is the story of a father (Mack) and his amazing journey with God to develop their relationship and move past a recent tragedy.

If you already have a religious foundation, this book isn’t going to make you have any revelations, but it does allow you think differently on certain topics and gives you time to think through the implications.

I can however see how reading the book may help someone who is going through a loss of their own or struggling with their own religious beliefs.

My copy is back on PaperBackSwap.com - Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free., it was ok the first time but not something I'll re-read.

Books Read in 2009: 19
Books to read in 2009: 31

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad you liked it too.

and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, I always find it nice to realize that others actually read (and hopefully) enjoy the dribble I write.