Monday, June 8, 2009

This Side of Paradise - Book Review

This Side of Paradise

I’ll be honest I did not love the book, This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It’s similar to Catcher in the Rye as you follow a young man (Amory Blaine) as he goes through his formative years, college, and slowly adjusting to life.

The book isn’t thrilling, you don’t get to know any of the characters deeply – even Amory. This Side of Paradise tells you a few events that happen to him over time and the ideals he forms, but you never really read what he’s feeling or thinking in any kind of detail.

I’ve re-listed my copy on PBS – so at least I can get another book out of it right? Am I the only one that didn't find this book all that appealing? What did you think of it?

Books Read in 2009: 18
Books to read in 2009: 32

0 comments: