Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Time Travelers Wife – Book review

Just finished the Time Traveler’s Wife - actually it was last week but I'm behind on book reviews so go with me on this one. I was disappointed honestly. It’s not the worse book I’ve ready by far but it’s not on my top 100 list either.

The book chronicles the lives of Clare and her CDP husband Henry. The main problem I had while reading it is Audrey Niffenegger never changes her writing style even when switching between characters. The sequence of events is kind of choppy as well; although it could be much worse with all the time jumping I suppose.

Basically the book is just boring. You read about their lives, nothing altruistic or over overly exciting; well except the time travel stuff, which isn’t as exhilarating as you’d expect time travel to be. The Time Traveler’s Wife is more of a twisted love story over anything sci-fi.

My copy has already been listed and swapped with PaperBackSwap.com - Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free. hopefully the next reader enjoys it more than I did.

Books Read: 21
Books To Read: 29

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I pretty much agree with you. For specifics, read my review here: http://jeezejulia.wordpress.com/