Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Record Bowls

Spend an afternoon turning old records into unique bowls

---->






Last week for the craft show Matt and I spent some time turning these old vinyl records into amazing bowls. I picked up the records at goodwill and we were able to transform them in an evening. I liked picking out the labels while centering the bowl and Matt enjoyed forming them after they were melted. It was a good project to do together for the weekend. Cheap too. I found the directions at thrifty fun - HERE.

We used different styles and sizes of pans to make the various bowls. These are great and can be used for almost anything, even planters. If you plan to store food you only have to add an acrylic base spray for safety.

I hope to list a couple of the bowls on my etsy page (Greencycle) in the near future. I'll let you know when I get them up.

0 comments: