Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

I forgot all about reviewing the movie Matt and I saw almost three weeks ago now; The Incredible Hulk. Not to be confused with Hulk, but we'll get to that later. I sat through all of the first one, exactly once and that was enough. I wouldn't have even entered the theater for this one but someone may have mentioned Edward Norton.

I've been a fan of Norton since Primal Fear. His acting usually makes any film. Most people noticed Norton in Fight Club but his real break through role is in Primal Fear. It's amazing. Watch it if you haven't already; Primal Fear I mean.

Although, you can watch The Incredible Hulk as well because contrary to all my predispositions against it, I actually liked it. The CG and story line are so much better than the first one.

My only real problem with the film is the fact it was made to being with. We've all heard of remakes but who has ever heard of remaking a film in less than five years? This is not a sequel as some suggested it is an all out redo, in my opinion. A better one yes, but still a complete do over. I know it feels like Hollywood is running out of ideas but now they've stepped up to full Mulligans. When will it stop?

0 comments: