Thursday, July 24, 2008

Saving Energy & Money

I love reading other blogs especially from those that can help me reach my goal of financial freedom. It really is amazing how many things you can do to save money. Most take little to no work at all. Pretty much everything we’ve done so far we don’t even notice.

I want to start using a part of this blog to share some of the things we’re trying to help us save money. It’s interesting how much I’ve come to enjoy things I used to fear with a passion. I actually like clipping coupons and I find every time I walk through the house I am coming up with new ideas of how to save money. It’s become a game to me; and my checkbook enjoys when I win.

I’ve only been doing this for about two months and we’re already eating better and getting free products. Thanks to some great sites (look to the right) I’ve gotten two free movie tickets, $5 Subway cards, $5 Kroger card, a $15 Target card and lots of free samples. That’s $25 in just gift cards not including the cost of the other free products or my savings from CVS. I feel more stable since we started saving, less stressed about money and best of all we’ll be debt free soon.

Anyway, I hope to post at least one item a week on what we’re doing to save money around the house. I would also like to start tracking our energy use from month to month, but I can’t promise anything yet.

Until then check out these other articles on how to save money around your own home

101 Easy Ways to save

How to Save Energy around the House

0 comments: