Friday, February 20, 2009

Eats, Shoots & Leaves

I finally finished Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. I say finally because I started the book back in November, put it in a craft tote and lost it for a few months. I found it again last week and finished it On Wednesday night.

The book was funny, but it is just too much to take in. Unless you love punctuation already you'll probably only walk away from this book feeling slightly less smart. I could have read the back cover, laughed at the story and finished feeling slightly amused. Instead I'm now self conscious about all my commas and the fact I only know the form of its and it's = it is. The other 200 uses are a complete mud puddle to me.

I did learn/realize a few things about my writing style though. I totally over use the - and ... marks. Yet, guest what? I like them and plan to keep over using them so you should get used to it now.

At least I didn't pay for the book since I requested it from paperbackswap.com and have since sent it to someone else, re-earning my credit. (On a side note I've saved almost $100 by using paperbackswap since I signed up)

0 comments: