Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birdland - Eric Adams


Birdland, by Eric Adams wasn’t the typical book you’d expect to find on my shelf. At least it wasn’t what I expected when I bought it, that’s for sure.

Birdland is about a young woman; Katie, who after a death bed confession, learns she has a long lost brother. The book follows her subsequent search and rescue mission through the town of Bodega Bay, home of the Hitchcock thriller, The Birds.

Its not that Birdland is bad by any means I just feel like it’s missing something. I’m not sure what exactly, the characters are just lacking. I definitely wasn’t drawn into to the book like I expected.
Therefore, I’ll be listing this on my useful rating standard. You may enjoy this book if you're a true Hitch fan, but I didn't find it to be a thriller so don't open it for only the scares.

0 comments: