Monday, August 18, 2008

Expired Coupons

Apparently I’ve got coupons on the mind this week. A while back I was reading another blog posting about getting rid of expired coupons. Unfortunately I can’t remember the site (if it was you let me know) but I did bookmark the informational site.

If you’re like me and have a ton of expired coupons just taking up room do something better than throw them away. Did you know you can send expired coupons to military families, who can use them for up to 6 months after the expiration date? Either did I, but I love the idea. This week I’m shipping off a huge envelope to a base in Turkey. Stop by Grocery Savings Tips to learn more.

Here are some additional directions for sending coupons. Remember you should only send regular manufacturer’s coupons and no printables. They also say the cost should be the same as sending a letter here in the States. I’ll update later on the cost and ease of the customs form. Hopefully the process is cheap and quick so I can continue to do this once a month.

Has anyone else sent coupons to a military base overseas?

0 comments: