Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bangkok Dangerous


I guess Matt and I are having a bad movie year. We added another not so great silver screen show when we saw Bangkok Dangerous this weekend. Actually to be fair it wasn’t horrible. I would watch Bangkok Dangerous again five times before watching Tropic Thunder. I just feel bad because I really like Nicholas Cage as an actor, I just feel he’s just made some bad movies.

I actually liked this movie and would have given it a B+ but the end ruined the whole thing for me. The imdb.com synopsis pretty much sums up the film with “A hit man who's in Bangkok to pull off a series of jobs falls for a local woman and bonds with his errand boy.” I would tell you just how bad the ending was but I don’t want to give too much away. You can read up as much or little about Bangkok Dangerous as you’d like on the imdb.com link. I just can’t believe test audiences were satisfied with that ending and the film makers kept it.

Thank goodness we were able to see this movie for free – thanks to the Indiana Jones & Dr. Pepper Promo earlier this summer. It was actually the very first sweepstakes I ever won and as you know it led to my obsession.

For those of you who have seen Bangkok Dangerous what did you think?

0 comments: