Monday, September 1, 2008

Military Coupons

Just a reminder that now is the time to send off your expired coupons to a military base overseas. Our military families can use them for up to six months after the expiration date. You can read more about how in my previous post HERE.

This month I’m sending mine to an Air force base in Spain.

Family Support Center
51st MSS PACAF
Unit 2097
APO AP 96278-2097
Rota, Spain

Last month it cost us eighty-two cents and less than five minutes to fill out the customs declaration to mail our expired coupons (All coupons are worth $0 until used). The process was so easy we’ve decided to do this every month. I hope you can join along.

If you’ve sent coupons to a US base this month let me know which one you selected in the comments section.

4 comments:

Parrish8 said...

This is a great idea. My husband and I are stationed overseas and we don't get to take advantage of the coupons in a Sunday's paper. Don't get me wrong we do have coupons, just very limited amount. What a great idea. Thank you from all military spouse trying to save their pennies.

Amy said...

I sent a big envelope a week ago to a Navy base in Japan. It cost us 2.25, but well worth the time and money to help out military families. I plan to do this every month with my expired coupons!

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

Thank you for making this post. I wish I would have seen it just a few days ago when I threw away all of my expired coupons. I am a former military brat, (we were stationed in both Germany and Italy), and my mom told me that they loved getting coupons to use in the commissary. I will now be sending my expired coupons overseas once a month.

Take care!

Megan said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the post and found it useful. I'll try to do a reminder post each month with a new base to mail coupons to.

And its good to hear they are actually being used by families overseas.