Thursday, September 18, 2008

Because I have frugal and upcycling on the mind lately I wanted to bring you a frugal organizing craft. **Ignore the messy desk**

Last week at work I was getting frustrated because the square pieces of scrap paper I keep at my desk were starting to get messy. One of our employees suggested I head to Wal-Mart and get a little box to put them in, but I didn't want to spend money on that. So to save money and a trip to Wally world I decided to make my own. We sell votive candles where I work and they come in the boxes pictures. Once the candles all sell we recycle the boxes, I decided to take it a step further and upcycle two boxes I found into something better.

All I did was make the cute “Notes” tag and throw in my precut scrap paper. Best of all my paper now smells great from the left over candle smell. I used another one to organize the small stuff in a desk drawer as well. Now every time I open my desk it smells like cucumber melon. Being able to upcycle something and having a good smelling desk is enough to brighten any bad day.

Everyone liked them so much the next time I find more of these boxes I’ve been commissioned to make organizers for my fellow managers.

0 comments: