Monday, September 22, 2008

Update on No Spend Weekend

Matt and I had our first No spend weekend from September 20th & 21st. You can read more about it HERE. As I sit here writing about it I have to say it was a success.

Technically I did spend money… but I had a good reason, really. Saturday after getting out of work I spent seventy-five cents on an exacto knife. It was marked down and exactly what I need for an upcoming craft. I had purchased a different knife at Wal-mart for almost $6 earlier in the week. Since I haven’t opened the knife from Wal-Mart yet I plan to return it this week. So in a way by making that 75 cent purchase I saved our family about $5.

Other than that Matt and I successfully spent NO money what-so-ever this weekend. I didn’t get half the things done that I wanted to, but that’s pretty much how all my weekends go. We did get a few crafts done, picked up a little, and took a nap on Saturday.

- For our first No Spend Weekend – Success & $50 Saved –


Our next no spend weekend will be October 11th & 12th.
I’m really looking forward to it and hope others out there might join us in keeping our money in October. If you plan to do a no spend weekend let me know. I’d love to hear how everyone else does.

0 comments: