Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tropic Thunder - Movie Review

I won a free movie ticket to see Tropic Thunder so Matt and I cashed it in during our anniversary vacation. There’s nothing like buying two movie tickets for $4 and we were lucky because had we paid full price I’d really be upset. This movie was bad, as in not good at all. I didn’t expect much considering it had Jack Black & Ben Stiller starring, but it was so much worse than I expected. I was ready for dumb, even stupid comedy, but this was also unnecessarily gory. I’ll admit there were some funny scenes and even a few lines I’ll remember (I'm a rooster illusion), but I’d like to forget most of it.

Tom Cruise was my favorite character if I had to pick. The best part of the movie is trying to figure out who he is. If you don’t heed all my warnings and see this anyway make sure you look for him. And please under no circumstances take your children to see this film. When we were at the theater there was also a small child (7 or so) with his father. The first five minutes of this film has enough swear words and inappropriate content to fill three movies. I kept thinking the father would remove the child, but sadly no luck, not appropriate.

This is definitely one movie where I could have stayed home, but at least Matt and I are now even. Bad movie pay back for me making him see Shutter and The Ruins earlier this year.


“I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!”

0 comments: