Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Closet Space

I’ve been reading I’m an Organizing Junkie lately and have felt motivated to get some areas of our house under control. Matt and I set a goal to reduce our material possession by 30% in 2009 so I figure why not get started a little early.

I don’t have a before picture of my closet but let me tell you it wasn’t good. When we moved in three years ago my closet was just four walls and a bar for hanging clothes…very inefficient. We took a weekend back then and put in all the shelving to maximize the area, but over the years I’ve let it slip a little lot.

It only took me an hour during a Law & Order rerun and I was able to reorganize my clothes to not only reclaim the space but also to get rid of quite a few things. Some of the items will be donated and others I plan to use in future upcycle projects.

Here are a couple pictures of the finished project.

Top hanging shelf with rolled sweaters and hat space on the side.
(And yes, we’re Spartans – Go Green!)


Lower hanging shelf with folded polos and sweatshirts


Shoe, purse, and scarf storage


This little space holds quite a bit when clean and organized. Or course I still have nothing to wear.

1 comments:

Laura said...

That looks terrific and I love that it took you almost no time at all, way to go!!